Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Soap Notes

So I made laundry soap the other day... from scratch. It was pretty cool. I have always been interested in making things in my kitchen. I love the notion that I can control the ingredients and personalize my creations.
Since my daughter has such sensitive skin I try to control what comes in contact with her skin as much as possible. I've always created things by hand. I love cooking and I make natural soap and body butters for my whole family as most of you know, so this was just an extension of that.
It was pretty easy as well. Took about 20 minutes to make a 2 1/2 gallon batch and it cost about 6 bucks. I love the ease and the convenience, too. All I did was grate a bar of laundry soap, melt it and add Borax and washing soda to 2 gallons of water.
I'll let you guys know how it turned out when I do laundry this week ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment